The library at the Universidad de La Laguna provides a support service to studies, teaching and research. Its collection of materials and its staff have been set up to help users transform information into knowledge. Its mission is to facilitate access to resources and to disseminate information on available bibliographies and documented works in order to help the University achieve its objectives.
- Section Managers
- Carmen Julia Hernández Hernández
Services available to users
- Library extension activities: organization and promotion of exhibitions, guided tours, conferences, Book Club, etc.
- Facilities and equipment: reading rooms, group work rooms, conference rooms, computers with Internet access, laptops on loan, photocopies, etc.
- Selecting and acquiring informational resources: printed or digital resources requested by users.
- Inter-library loans: obtain documents that are unavailable in ULL’s library.
- Lending services using the Checkout counters that can be found throughout the library service, as well as the Self-Checkout machines available in some library buildings.
- Onsite consultation service.
- Training: training covering library services, resources and the cataloguing of information (searches, selection, evaluation and use).
- Electronic resources: search tools, localization and access to electronic documents and resources (catalogues, meta search engines, databases, digital media, guidebooks, tutorials, etc.) and material in electronic format (books, magazines, newspapers ...).
- User information: answer general & specialist consultations regarding the library’s collection and services.