University Extension Service
The University Extension Service organizes and manages the cultural and educational opportunities on offer to the university community and also to wider society. We are responsible for fostering and growing the ties between the Universidad de La Laguna and society, ensuring that the institution participates and collaborates actively in a range of sociocultural activities. The service serves as a bridge between the University and society, pursuing the educational mission of our institution whilst offering a comprehensive selection of cultural and educational opportunities. In doing so, we hope to promote the university, open its doors to everyone, and form an integral part of the community so as to invite opportunities for new proposals and assume our social responsibility in the transmission of knowledge and culture. Our work includes:
- Responsable del servicio
- Adolfo Gómez Rodríguez
Services available to users
- Overseeing institutional relations: our work includes a number of activities aimed at fulfilling collective conventions and agreements held with other public and/or private enterprises in social and cultural settings.
- Managing the cultural heritage of ULL. This involves cataloguing, ordering, and disseminating the artistic heritage of the ULL.
- Managing cultural spaces: this involves coordinating the cultural agendas of the University’s Paraninfo theatre, the Paraninfo Pablo González Vera Art Gallery, the multi-purpose classroom Viana 50, and the Museum of Education. It also involves ensuring these spaces and their furnishings & equipment are well maintained at all times.
- Organizing art exhibitions: promotes visual arts in the university community by providing spaces where exhibitions can be curated.
- Coordinating ULL's cultural groups: activities of ULL's Polyphonic Choir, the Camerata Lacunensis, the Symphonic Band, the university Tunas, folk music ensembles, cultural spaces and forums, etc.
- Organizing ULL's cultural and artistic awards: competitions and events aimed and promoting artistic creativity.
- Mature Student University Program (aimed at individuals aged 50+. *No prior qualifications necessary).
- University and Civil Society Forums (spaces for reflection).
- Summer Universities (available in all islands).