The University’s main campus is located in the more modern area of the city centre of San Cristóbal de La Laguna, and it is here that you will find the most emblematic of ULL’s buildings, the “Edificio Central”. This building was designed in the 1940s by the architect José Enrique Marrero, and completed by Domingo Pisaca & Burgada in 1953. Inside the building you will find the Paraninfo, which serves as the institution’s great hall.
For many years, this building was home to the faculties of Law, Sciences, and Philosophy & Arts, however new campuses were created to accommodate growing student numbers thus relieving it of its academic activities and it has since become home to the University’s administrative services and some vice-rectorates. At his campus you will find:
- The “Edificio Central”.
- The main offices of the “Fundación General de la ULL”.
- The sports pavilion.
- The halls of residence San Fernando and Santa María.
- The department of Technical Architecture of the Higher Polytechnic School of Engineering.
- The Faculty of Education.
- The School of Doctoral and Postgraduate Programs.