Contingent on the development of biomedical research of excellence, with a translational outlook and focused on the regional biomedical needs, the specific objectives at the ITB are:
- To design and execute research projects in the research areas established within the Institute, implementing a management system and a research agenda fully orientated towards producing results.
- To organise, design and participate in interdisciplinary master’s and doctorate programs, staff training courses, seminars, congresses and other training activities at the institute.
- To establish effective mechanisms aimed at attracting high calibre research, technical and administrative staff, and in retaining and enhancing the institute’s human resources.
- To establish collaborations with other research centres.
- To collaborate with the manufacturing sector in the development of biotechnological applications to address specific problems, driving innovation, knowledge and technology transfer.
- To implement healthcare innovations designed from the outcomes of clinical and epidemiological research.
- To communicate and disseminate biomedical information and advances, helping create a favourable culture for scientific progress.